Surfing on life banner
The ShovelShack Archives
Between January 2002 and December 2011, almost 46,000 posts were created by members of the Shovel Shack discussion group.
In 2012, the Shovel Shack moved to a new home: shovelshack.org. Shovelshack.net will be kept intact as an archive for those amazing discussions.

Browse a bit and then join us at ShovelShack.org

Personal IC experiences
 Shovel Shack : Personal IC experiences
Subject Topic: Similarities
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
luvin
Shackaddict
Shackaddict


Joined: May-20-02
Location: United States
Posts: 5235
Posted: Mar-26-08 at 4:48pm | IP Logged  

As  A matter of fact "We the people"[rather.. "ME" the people] should like to have this post of yours inducted into the Hall of Shack Quotes!

 "he can show us kindness and generosity and provide help for us through any thing and any one any time.  sometimes it comes from the most unexpected places and people, and sometimes it comes as no big surprise, and sometimes it comes from 'religious' do gooders with ulterior motives and/or a lot of 'fear' if they don't." -Dignz



      

It is peace[the kind we long for] to know that my life patterns do not distract or derail the Living God"-Adam

http:newthatsliving.blogspot.com
Back to Top
 
Joyce
Shackaddict
Shackaddict


Joined: Mar-14-02
Location: United States
Posts: 1939
Posted: Mar-26-08 at 11:55pm | IP Logged  

It feels like I'm in the process of learning through time and experience, that those who may come from differing theological stances can still be approaching me with motives of being caring.   I have both  JW and Mormon friends.  These particular people, at least, seem to have been genuine in their love and concern for me.  They just view everything through a different filter....  at least that's how it has seemed for me. 

Of course, the ORGANIZATIONS of any of these things do teach fear if you "don't get the word out", or win people over to your way of thinking..... and that can really affect the people under them.  I was under that in the IC for years. 

How do you spell relief?   It may not always be R-O-L-A-I-D-S.  In this arena, I spell relief...  "Realizing that I'm not responsible for everyone else's journey." 

Joyce 



Edited by Joyce on Mar-27-08 at 2:43am
Back to Top
 
ShannonC
Shackaholic
Shackaholic


Joined: Jun-21-07
Location: United States
Posts: 749
Posted: Mar-27-08 at 9:32am | IP Logged  

Joyce wrote:

How do you spell relief?   It may not always be R-O-L-A-I-D-S.  In this arena, I spell relief...  "Realizing that I'm not responsible for everyone else's journey." 

Joyce 

Amen, Sister!! CHRIST died to set people FREE!! I love it when someone smells or taste Christ because I (this part of His body) am around, but I don't have the responsibility of setting them FREE.  HALLEJUAH, freedom is in HIM!!



Edited by ShannonC on Mar-27-08 at 9:33am


      

ShannonC
HE IS SO GOOD!
Back to Top
 
Dignz
Shackaddict
Shackaddict


Joined: Jul-18-06
Location: United States
Posts: 1816
Posted: Mar-27-08 at 10:46am | IP Logged  

"Realizing that I'm not responsible for everyone else's journey." <~~joyce

loved this!  i find myself asking asking myself this very moment, 'hmmm ... are we even responsible for our own journey?"

i would love to hear some more thoughts on that.  a bit foggy headed this morning.




      

"afterall, he's not a tame lion"
Back to Top
 
Connie
Shackaddict
Shackaddict


Joined: Dec-03-01
Location: United States
Posts: 1559
Posted: Mar-27-08 at 11:59am | IP Logged  

Dignz wrote:
"Realizing that I'm not responsible for everyone else's journey." <~~joyce

loved this!  i find myself asking asking myself this very moment, 'hmmm ... are we even responsible for our own journey?"

i would love to hear some more thoughts on that.  a bit foggy headed this morning.


Sometimes I wonder, Sherri!  I can see myself being unpredictable, not understanding my own feelings and actions.  And then in the midst of this who am I to think I can direct myself into "more"?  That just isn't possible if I am honest with myself.  What comes to my mind sometimes is what Jesus told Nicodemus that time about how the Spirit wind blows whichever way He desires and that we can't know how it will blow.

anyway...



      

Connie
"Wow!It's so bright in here!"
II Cor.4:5-6

    
Back to Top
 
ShannonC
Shackaholic
Shackaholic


Joined: Jun-21-07
Location: United States
Posts: 749
Posted: Mar-27-08 at 12:19pm | IP Logged  

Connie:

I don't have much to add, but I thought it was interesting that I was reading that passage moments ago!! HMMM, interesting.



      

ShannonC
HE IS SO GOOD!
Back to Top
 
realrestisbest
Shackaholic
Shackaholic


Joined: Jul-28-05
Location: United States
Posts: 764
Posted: Jun-01-08 at 12:51am | IP Logged  

I'm so late on this thread but I wanted to answer what drew me to the Shack.   I was a fairly new Christian, and God was showing me what the reality of the gospel was.  I was so filled with excitement that I just went on a search to find some other folks who could relate to what he had shown me.  And voila..... It lead me to the Shack.

The funny thing was some other people I ran into were warning me about how dangerous the Shack was.  I thought well I'd rather check it out for myself.  And low and behold it was exactly the kind of place, my heart yearned for a place of rest and peace and encouragement.

I have been on and off with this site but I am so thankful for all of the saints here and our union in the truth of what he has truly done in, for and through us.  His words are absolutely magnetic here.  I don't see how people can't see his glory here.  It shines ever so brightly. 

Thanks to everyone for your awesome fellowship.  He uses many of you to encourage me in this new found life. 


Edited by realrestisbest on Jun-01-08 at 12:54am
Back to Top
 
frmhnyb2bttrfly
Extreme Digger
Extreme Digger


Joined: Mar-25-08
Location: United States
Posts: 200
Posted: Jun-01-08 at 8:31am | IP Logged  

Dignz wrote:
"Realizing that I'm not responsible for everyone else's journey." <~~joyce

loved this!  i find myself asking asking myself this very moment, 'hmmm ... are we even responsible for our own journey?"

i would love to hear some more thoughts on that.  a bit foggy headed this morning.




I was sharing with someone a couple of passages of scripture that i put together.  The person asked, "How many people have you brought to Christ with that?" 

Does every revelation have to be equal to "praying the prayer"?  It disturbed me. 

Since then, Ron asked me a question (?).  My response is, "I planted, Apollos watered, God kept making it grow."  God puts people in my path and whatever comes out of my mouth is for that person.  I have no idea why people tell me why they don't go to church/why they feel guilty they're not attending an IC/that they're looking for one.  Whatever God wants them to hear from my lips is up to Him.  I don't invite people to the IC i attend.

i feel like someone is going to argue with me.  maybe i'm not sure of myself (how He works in me) still, and feel the need to argue myself.  Or maybe it's the shack posts i've been reading that seem like arguing, and i'm in the mood now. 



      

"for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure. "
Back to Top
 
luvin
Shackaddict
Shackaddict


Joined: May-20-02
Location: United States
Posts: 5235
Posted: Jun-01-08 at 9:50am | IP Logged  

realrestisbest wrote:
I'm so late on this thread but I wanted to answer what drew me to the Shack.   I was a fairly new Christian, and God was showing me what the reality of the gospel was.  I was so filled with excitement that I just went on a search to find some other folks who could relate to what he had shown me.  And voila..... It lead me to the Shack.

The funny thing was some other people I ran into were warning me about how dangerous the Shack was.  I thought well I'd rather check it out for myself.  And low and behold it was exactly the kind of place, my heart yearned for a place of rest and peace and encouragement.

I have been on and off with this site but I am so thankful for all of the saints here and our union in the truth of what he has truly done in, for and through us.  His words are absolutely magnetic here.  I don't see how people can't see his glory here.  It shines ever so brightly. 

Thanks to everyone for your awesome fellowship.  He uses many of you to encourage me in this new found life. 

 

 

Real...I so know your fellow saints rejoyce in the presence of His truth in YOU! I know He lead you here!



      

It is peace[the kind we long for] to know that my life patterns do not distract or derail the Living God"-Adam

http:newthatsliving.blogspot.com
Back to Top
 
Connie
Shackaddict
Shackaddict


Joined: Dec-03-01
Location: United States
Posts: 1559
Posted: Jun-01-08 at 9:58am | IP Logged  

luvin wrote:

realrestisbest wrote:
I'm so late on this thread but I wanted to answer what drew me to the Shack.   I was a fairly new Christian, and God was showing me what the reality of the gospel was.  I was so filled with excitement that I just went on a search to find some other folks who could relate to what he had shown me.  And voila..... It lead me to the Shack.

The funny thing was some other people I ran into were warning me about how dangerous the Shack was.  I thought well I'd rather check it out for myself.  And low and behold it was exactly the kind of place, my heart yearned for a place of rest and peace and encouragement.

I have been on and off with this site but I am so thankful for all of the saints here and our union in the truth of what he has truly done in, for and through us.  His words are absolutely magnetic here.  I don't see how people can't see his glory here.  It shines ever so brightly. 

Thanks to everyone for your awesome fellowship.  He uses many of you to encourage me in this new found life. 

 

 

Real...I so know your fellow saints rejoyce in the presence of His truth in YOU! I know He lead you here!

amen, Adam.  Thanks for being here Real.  You're a shiny bubbly burst of light when you post, girl.



      

Connie
"Wow!It's so bright in here!"
II Cor.4:5-6

    
Back to Top
 
realrestisbest
Shackaholic
Shackaholic


Joined: Jul-28-05
Location: United States
Posts: 764
Posted: Jun-01-08 at 12:56pm | IP Logged  

   Connie and Adam.
Back to Top
 

<< Prev Page of 2
 



the shovel home page